There are a number of different ways in which patients, service users, carers and family members can get involved in the work of ARC South London.
Examples of ways to get involved include:
- Joining an advisory group of patients or service users who use specialist services
- Participating in public events designed to create spaces for learning and reflection
- Sharing your experiences of care and services to help generate new areas of enquiry
- Feeding back on the design of new research trials or new technologies
- Contributing to the development of new strategies for engaging the public.
Lana Samuels (pictured above) speaking about the importance of patient and public involvement in research at a public event.
Find out more
To find out about more about areas of research that interest you and opportunities to be involved, please visit our Research & Implementation section of the website.
You can also get in touch with Savi Hensman, our patient and public involvement coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and sign up to our involvement newsletter -Together in research.