This Academy will be led by Professor Cilla Harries, deputy theme lead, research capacity building Theme.
Elements of the course will include:
- Research leader’s journeys: successful research leaders will give talks about their journey and career decisions and will host Q&A.
- Skills training: opportunities to learn how to: cost grant applications, manage research finance, project management, rules about applying for specific funding streams.
- Leadership qualities development: learn how to build effective collaborations, develop credibility and ensure ethical leadership.
- Action learning sets: problem solving and action progression (teams of 4-5 on campus sites)
- Exploring and accessing Centres of Research Excellence (REF 3*/4*)
- Individual mentorship/coaching session – 1 hour.
Applications to the scheme are open now. We particularly encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Briefing events will be held in November to provide further information and answer questions.
Please obtain your line manager's approval for your application. A panel will assess applications in December and those that are approved will be notified before the end of the Autumn term.
How the programme will be delivered
The programme will commence in January and the core events will be online January-June 2022, Wednesday afternoons. All events will be recorded and shared with the participants. There will be a minimal engagement expectation of 25 hours over the full programme. Approximately 100 places will be offered. Participants will need to complete an evaluation in July 2022.
Please complete the application form here. Closing date for applications is 30 November 2021.
Q&A sessions about the Academy will be held on Wednesday 10 November 1 - 1.30pm and Wednesday 17 November 1 - 30pm via Zoom.
Read the full programme for the Research Leadership Academy.
For information or enquiries
Contact, NIHR ARC South London, Capacity building theme email: email@example.com